What is involved in Federated Identity Management
Find out what the related areas are that Federated Identity Management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Federated Identity Management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Federated Identity Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Federated Identity Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Federated Identity Management related domains to cover and 74 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Federated Identity Management, Federated identity, Bandit project, Claims-based identity, Digital identity, Google Account, Higgins trust framework, Identity Assurance Framework, Identity management, Information Card, Information technology, Microsoft account, Mozilla Persona, National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Security token, Service-oriented architecture, Single sign-on, Social login, Windows Identity Foundation:
Federated Identity Management Critical Criteria:
Study Federated Identity Management strategies and summarize a clear Federated Identity Management focus.
– Think about the people you identified for your Federated Identity Management project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What are our best practices for minimizing Federated Identity Management project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Federated Identity Management project lifecycle?
– How do your measurements capture actionable Federated Identity Management information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
Federated identity Critical Criteria:
Jump start Federated identity results and find answers.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Federated Identity Management is underway?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Federated Identity Management opportunities costing us money?
Bandit project Critical Criteria:
Guide Bandit project quality and ask questions.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Federated Identity Management been identified and analyzed?
Claims-based identity Critical Criteria:
Depict Claims-based identity visions and correct Claims-based identity management by competencies.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Federated Identity Management services/products?
– How do we go about Comparing Federated Identity Management approaches/solutions?
– Who needs to know about Federated Identity Management ?
Digital identity Critical Criteria:
Study Digital identity leadership and assess and formulate effective operational and Digital identity strategies.
– Does Federated Identity Management analysis show the relationships among important Federated Identity Management factors?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Federated Identity Management requirements in detail?
Google Account Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Google Account projects and assess what counts with Google Account that we are not counting.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Federated Identity Management. How do we gain traction?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Federated Identity Management move?
– How would one define Federated Identity Management leadership?
Higgins trust framework Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Higgins trust framework leadership and oversee Higgins trust framework management by competencies.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Federated Identity Management project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Why are Federated Identity Management skills important?
Identity Assurance Framework Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Identity Assurance Framework strategies and look for lots of ideas.
– How do we measure improved Federated Identity Management service perception, and satisfaction?
– Does Federated Identity Management appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– What is Effective Federated Identity Management?
Identity management Critical Criteria:
Investigate Identity management tactics and cater for concise Identity management education.
– With so many identity management systems proposed, the big question is which one, if any, will provide the identity solution to become standard across the internet?
– Do we keep track of who the leading providers of identity management products and services are, and what are their key offerings, differentiators and strategies?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Federated Identity Management process?
– How is the market for identity management evolving in new technologies, market trends and drivers, and user requirements?
– Did we develop our saas identity management solution in house or was it acquired from other vendors?
– Complement identity management and help desk solutions with closedloop import and export?
– Is there any existing Federated Identity Management governance structure?
– What is the security -life cycle identity management business case?
– What are the identity management facilities of the provider?
– What is a secure identity management infrastructure?
– How do we Lead with Federated Identity Management in Mind?
– What is identity management to us (idm)?
– How can identity management help?
– What about identity management?
Information Card Critical Criteria:
Steer Information Card risks and finalize specific methods for Information Card acceptance.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Federated Identity Management models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Federated Identity Management workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Do those selected for the Federated Identity Management team have a good general understanding of what Federated Identity Management is all about?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Information technology results and assess and formulate effective operational and Information technology strategies.
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– Have you identified your Federated Identity Management key performance indicators?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– Are accountability and ownership for Federated Identity Management clearly defined?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
Microsoft account Critical Criteria:
Add value to Microsoft account goals and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Federated Identity Management processes?
– Is Federated Identity Management dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Who will provide the final approval of Federated Identity Management deliverables?
Mozilla Persona Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Mozilla Persona tasks and report on the economics of relationships managing Mozilla Persona and constraints.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Federated Identity Management goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Federated Identity Management project?
– What will drive Federated Identity Management change?
National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence Critical Criteria:
Value National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence tactics and separate what are the business goals National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence is aiming to achieve.
– How do we Improve Federated Identity Management service perception, and satisfaction?
– Is a Federated Identity Management Team Work effort in place?
National Institute of Standards and Technology Critical Criteria:
Talk about National Institute of Standards and Technology planning and document what potential National Institute of Standards and Technology megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Federated Identity Management process?
– How much does Federated Identity Management help?
Security token Critical Criteria:
Detail Security token outcomes and drive action.
– What are the Essentials of Internal Federated Identity Management Management?
– How do we keep improving Federated Identity Management?
– What is our Federated Identity Management Strategy?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Talk about Service-oriented architecture leadership and learn.
– Which customers cant participate in our Federated Identity Management domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Federated Identity Management? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What are the barriers to increased Federated Identity Management production?
Single sign-on Critical Criteria:
Explore Single sign-on leadership and define Single sign-on competency-based leadership.
– How can I avoid duplication of identity, attributes, and credentials and provide a single sign-on user experience for my users?
– Is Federated Identity Management Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Are there Federated Identity Management Models?
Social login Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Social login engagements and get answers.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Federated Identity Management in a volatile global economy?
– What are the disruptive Federated Identity Management technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– How can skill-level changes improve Federated Identity Management?
Windows Identity Foundation Critical Criteria:
Drive Windows Identity Foundation leadership and gather Windows Identity Foundation models .
– In the case of a Federated Identity Management project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Federated Identity Management project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Federated Identity Management project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Does the Federated Identity Management task fit the clients priorities?
– What are the usability implications of Federated Identity Management actions?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Federated Identity Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Federated Identity Management External links:
Federated Identity Management – Gartner IT Glossary
Federated Identity Management Glossary
Federated Identity Management Interoperability
Federated identity External links:
Federated Identity Service | University of Colorado Boulder
UCF Federated Identity
Claims-based identity External links:
A Guide to Claims-Based Identity and Access Control …
Digital identity External links:
http://A digital identity is information on an entity used by computer systems to represent an external agent. That agent may be a person, organisation, application, or device. ISO/IEC 24760-1 defines identity as `set of attributes related to an entity’.
OT-Morpho | Leader in Biometrics and Digital Identity
Reclaim Hosting | Take Control of your Digital Identity
Google Account External links:
Create your Google Account
GQueues – Manage tasks & to-do lists with your Google Account
Sign in – Google Accounts
Higgins trust framework External links:
Higgins Trust Framework – opensource-it.com
IIW2005: Paul Trevithick on Higgins Trust Framework
Higgins Trust Framework – P2P Foundation
Identity management External links:
Colorado Department of Education Identity Management
identity management jobs | Dice.com
Login Page – Planned Parenthood Identity Management
Information Card External links:
[PDF]GEORGIA INSURANCE POLICY INFORMATION CARD
Voter Information Card – VotePinellas.com
[PDF]TSP Fund Information Card (4/2017)
Information technology External links:
OHIO: Office of Information Technology |About Email
Microsoft account External links:
What is a Microsoft account? | Skype Support
Billing help – Microsoft account
Mozilla Persona External links:
Mozilla Persona Terms of Service — Archived, July 2017
Mozilla Persona A/B Interface Tests – Stanford University
[PDF]Creating a Mozilla Persona Account – …
National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence External links:
NIST National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence …
[PDF]National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence – NIST
Security token External links:
Security Token Service
Login to the security token service (STS)
Login to the security token service (STS)
Service-oriented architecture External links:
Service-Oriented Architecture Summary | Accenture
Understanding Service-Oriented Architecture
Messaging Patterns in Service-Oriented Architecture, …
Single sign-on External links:
JCCC Single Sign-on
UAH Single Sign-On – CAS – Central Authentication Service
What is single sign-on (SSO)? – Definition from …
Social login External links:
WooCommerce Social Login – WooCommerce
Social Login for Customer Identity Management – Gigya
Ionic Social Login using Firebase – JAVEBRATT
Windows Identity Foundation External links:
Windows Identity Foundation | Microsoft Docs
Description of Windows Identity Foundation
What is Windows Identity Foundation? – msdn.microsoft.com