What is involved in Customer data management
Find out what the related areas are that Customer data management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Customer data management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Customer data management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Customer data management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Customer data management related domains to cover and 194 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Customer data management, Aberdeen Group, Application service provider, Cloud computing, Cost efficiency, Customer, Customer Data Platform, Customer base, Customer data, Customer feedback management services, Customer privacy, Customer relationship management, Customer retention, Customer satisfaction, Data warehouse, End user, Enterprise feedback management, Human resources, Information privacy, Information technology, Marketing, Privacy law, Software as a service, Spreadsheet:
Customer data management Critical Criteria:
Think about Customer data management projects and find answers.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Customer data management objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Customer data management?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Customer data management process?
Aberdeen Group Critical Criteria:
Coach on Aberdeen Group decisions and report on the economics of relationships managing Aberdeen Group and constraints.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Customer data management moving forward?
– How can you measure Customer data management in a systematic way?
– Are we Assessing Customer data management and Risk?
Application service provider Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Application service provider projects and get the big picture.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Customer data management leader?
– Do the Customer data management decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– How do we maintain Customer data managements Integrity?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Cloud computing failures and plan concise Cloud computing education.
– Well-defined, appropriate concepts of the technology are in widespread use, the technology may have been in use for many years, a formal mathematical model is defined, etc.)?
– Provider viability: what happens to your organizations applications and data in the event that the provider goes out of business?
– For a customer-facing application, is the move to cloud computing expected to increase the number of customers accessing it?
– If the application is used to generate revenue, is the move to cloud computing expected to increase that revenue?
– Will the move to cloud computing shorten the time it takes to deliver functional enhancements to end users?
– Data segregation: will the financial institutions data share resources with data from other cloud clients?
– Recoverability: how will the service provider respond to disasters and ensure continued service?
– What is the future scope for combination of business intelligence and cloud computing?
– What makes cloud computing well suited for supply chain management applications?
– How do we manage Customer data management Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Will cloud computing lead to a reduction in it expenditure?
– Is cloud computing affecting traditional hardware vendors?
– What are the security concerns with cloud computing?
– What are the security issues around cloud computing?
– Is there a good pricing model for cloud services?
– Is there a market for developing niche clouds?
– What problems does cloud computing solve?
– What Is the Lifecycle Services Framework?
– what is the future of private cloud?
Cost efficiency Critical Criteria:
Refer to Cost efficiency projects and describe which business rules are needed as Cost efficiency interface.
– Does Customer data management include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What are our best practices for minimizing Customer data management project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Customer data management project lifecycle?
Customer Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Customer results and innovate what needs to be done with Customer.
– In addition to the security of your own customer data, customers should also be concerned about what data the provider collects and how the CSP protects that data. Specifically with regard to your customer data, what metadata does the provider have about your data, how is it secured, and what access do you, the customer, have to that metadata?
– Who will be responsible for leading the various bcp teams (e.g., crisis/emergency, recovery, technology, communications, facilities, Human Resources, business units and processes, Customer Service)?
– Do you take into account the multiple points along the way, that could have been leveraged to increase customer delight?
– Which customers cant participate in our market because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Integration how well do performance results address key customer, market, and process requirements?
– What about other business related data, such as, customer data, supplier data, or spatial data?
– Can you make product suggestions based on the customers order or purchase history?
– Which systems will the IVR need to integrate with to facilitate selfserve?
– What are the roles of suppliers and supply chain partners in CRM?
– Key customers and/or suppliers will be affected by the disaster?
– Is it easy for your visitors or customers to contact you?
– What is the recovery time objective for the application?
– What will be your Customer Service and credit policies?
– Does Customer Knowledge Affect How Loyalty Is Formed?
– What do we mean by the term Customer Service ?
– What is a customer-member centric business?
– What do our customers need or want?
– Who Are Our Customers?
– Why is crm important?
Customer Data Platform Critical Criteria:
Check Customer Data Platform leadership and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Customer Data Platform projects.
– In the case of a Customer data management project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Customer data management project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Customer data management project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Think about the functions involved in your Customer data management project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Is a Customer data management Team Work effort in place?
Customer base Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Customer base goals and arbitrate Customer base techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Is Customer data management Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– How representative is twitter sentiment analysis relative to our customer base?
– Do Customer data management rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– How well does the product fit our current customer base?
– What are the demographics of the customer base?
Customer data Critical Criteria:
Rank Customer data strategies and optimize Customer data leadership as a key to advancement.
– Specifically with regard to your customer data, what metadata does the provider have about your data, how is it secured, and what access do you, the customer, have to that metadata?
– Has business process Cybersecurity has been included in continuity of operations plans for areas such as customer data, billing, etc.?
– How important is Customer data management to the user organizations mission?
– Does a massive loss of customer data necessarily imply poor engineering?
– What is our formula for success in Customer data management ?
– What customer data is necessary?
Customer feedback management services Critical Criteria:
Participate in Customer feedback management services decisions and adjust implementation of Customer feedback management services.
– Have all basic functions of Customer data management been defined?
Customer privacy Critical Criteria:
Audit Customer privacy quality and define Customer privacy competency-based leadership.
– Describe the companys current practices that are used to protect proprietary information and customer privacy and personal information. Does the company have an information classification and handling policy?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Customer data management strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Are assumptions made in Customer data management stated explicitly?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Customer data management Management?
Customer relationship management Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Customer relationship management results and figure out ways to motivate other Customer relationship management users.
– Can the Exchange define how First Call Resolution will be calculated, and how a resolvable call is distinguished from a nonresolvable call?
– Is there an integrated FAQ structure already in the exchange that can be tapped and expanded into the CRM for the agents?
– Is a significant amount of your time taken up communicating with existing clients to resolve issues they are having?
– What platforms are you unable to measure accurately, or able to provide only limited measurements from?
– Do you have a mechanism in place to quickly respond to visitor/customer inquiries and orders?
– Is the Customer Satisfaction Process something which you think can be automated via an IVR?
– How can we help cultural issues relating to loss of control, constant change and mistrust?
– Do you have the capability to measure cost per lead or cost per acquisition?
– Is there an iphone app for mobile scrm or customer relationship management?
– Are short calls factored out of the denominator in your service level?
– What are the information elements and structures involved in the KMS?
– What percentage of workstation sessions and calls must be recorded?
– How is a typical client engagement with your firm structured?
– What services can we perform that merit premium margins?
– Does the software utilize a responsive design?
– Is the e-mail tagging performance acceptable?
– How many cases have been resolved?
– Can metadata be loaded?
– Who are my customers?
– Is CRM justified?
Customer retention Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Customer retention goals and pay attention to the small things.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Customer data management processes?
– How do we go about Comparing Customer data management approaches/solutions?
Customer satisfaction Critical Criteria:
Examine Customer satisfaction governance and find the essential reading for Customer satisfaction researchers.
– Do we Make sure to ask about our vendors customer satisfaction rating and references in our particular industry. If the vendor does not know its own rating, it may be a red flag that youre dealing with a company that does not put Customer Service at the forefront. How would a company know what to improve if it had no idea what areas customers felt were lacking?
– What is the difference, if any, in customer satisfaction between the use and results of agile-driven software development methods and the use and results of plan-driven software development software development methods?
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Customer data management in a volatile global economy?
– How important are hard measurements that show return on investment compared to soft measurements that demonstrate customer satisfaction and public perception?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Customer data management processes?
– Performance Standard: What should be the standards for completeness, reliability, accuracy, timeliness, customer satisfaction, quality and/or cost?
– Has it re-engineered or redesigned processes, and leveraged technologies to improve responsiveness, Customer Service and customer satisfaction?
– How does the company manage the design and delivery of products and services that promise a high level of customer satisfaction?
– How does the firm measure and monitor client service and customer satisfaction?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Customer data management?
– What employee characteristics drive customer satisfaction?
Data warehouse Critical Criteria:
Investigate Data warehouse quality and pioneer acquisition of Data warehouse systems.
– What tier data server has been identified for the storage of decision support data contained in a data warehouse?
– Do we need an enterprise data warehouse, a Data Lake, or both as part of our overall data architecture?
– What does a typical data warehouse and business intelligence organizational structure look like?
– To what extent does management recognize Customer data management as a tool to increase the results?
– Does big data threaten the traditional data warehouse business intelligence model stack?
– Is data warehouseing necessary for our business intelligence service?
– What is the difference between a database and data warehouse?
– What is the purpose of data warehouses and data marts?
– What are alternatives to building a data warehouse?
– Do we offer a good introduction to data warehouse?
– Data Warehouse versus Data Lake (Data Swamp)?
– Do you still need a data warehouse?
– Centralized data warehouse?
End user Critical Criteria:
Facilitate End user adoptions and forecast involvement of future End user projects in development.
– Time to market improvements. Will the move to cloud computing shorten the time it takes to deliver functional enhancements to end users?
– Does the calibration lab or calibration contractor provide the end user notification of any out of tolerance conditions?
– How do the end users of cloud computing know that their information is not having any availability and security issues?
– From the end users eyes, is it possible for the change to have a major impact on services if problems occur?
– How does the vendor handle software and hardware maintenance, end user support, and maintenance agreements?
– Will the change have only minimal or no impact on services provided to the end users if a problem occurs?
– Does Customer data management systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Will the change have only minor impact on services provided to the end users if problems occur?
– Is the Customer data management organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What business benefits will Customer data management goals deliver if achieved?
– Is the change needed to restore immediate service to the end user?
– Will the change be visible only to a small group of end users?
– Will the change be visible to a large number of end users?
– How significant is the improvement in the eyes of the end user?
– Can all end user classes be identified?
– Is the change visible to all end users?
Enterprise feedback management Critical Criteria:
Look at Enterprise feedback management planning and attract Enterprise feedback management skills.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Customer data management experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Does Customer data management analysis show the relationships among important Customer data management factors?
– In what ways are Customer data management vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
Human resources Critical Criteria:
Value Human resources issues and change contexts.
– Should pay levels and differences reflect the earnings of colleagues in the country of the facility, or earnings at the company headquarters?
– What finance, procurement and Human Resources business processes should be included in the scope of a erp solution?
– Is business intelligence set to play a key role in the future of human resources?
– How important is it for organizations to train and develop their Human Resources?
– How do financial reports support the various aspects of accountability?
– Can you think of other ways to reduce the costs of managing employees?
– How do you pick an appropriate ETL tool or business analytics tool?
– To achieve our goals, how must our organization learn and innovate?
– What steps are taken to promote compliance with the hr principles?
– How does the company provide notice of its information practices?
– Do you understand the parameters set by the algorithm?
– Ease of contacting the Human Resources staff members?
– Does the hr plan make sense to our stakeholders?
– How is Promptness of returning calls or e-mail?
– Is our company developing its Human Resources?
– What other outreach efforts would be helpful?
– Why is transparency important?
– How to deal with diversity?
– What is harassment?
Information privacy Critical Criteria:
Dissect Information privacy outcomes and look at the big picture.
– For your Customer data management project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Customer data management does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What are the barriers to increased Customer data management production?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Align Information technology planning and work towards be a leading Information technology expert.
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Customer data management delivery for example is new software needed?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Customer data management project?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
Marketing Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Marketing engagements and gather Marketing models .
– Generating increased purchases or use is also a typical category for consumer promotion objectives in sustaining programs. when do you want to do this?
– Further quantify the objectives youve established. set a range if need be. what distribution level do you hope to achieve?
– To get a receptive environment for our program. what are the population trends and dangers we can leverage?
– Talk to Sales and Marketing – what are customer needs, what are consumer needs and what are the roadblocks?
– Does the plan accomplish a few things well as opposed to many things in a mediocre fashion?
– Have extra media been scheduled during particularly strong sales periods during the year?
– How can we position our brand so that the consumer finds it valuable and distinctive?
– What do public relations professionals need to do to become excellent leaders?
– Can disclosures be effective remedies in advertising and consumer protection?
– What type of marketing communications would seem appropriate for each public?
– It supports conviction and purchase by asking so, are you ready to connect?
– Does the plan stress effectiveness as opposed to merely being efficient?
– Have creative solutions or special opportunities been fully explored?
– Increasing importance of Integrated Marketing Communications … Why?
– If it comes in more than one size or color, which should be featured?
– Market – to whom should the communication be addressed?
– Plan delivery compared to media objectives?
– Do Norms Matter in Marketing Relationships?
– Does relationship marketing age well?
– Is sponsorship a smart career move?
Privacy law Critical Criteria:
Scan Privacy law planning and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Have you considered what measures you will need to implement to ensure that the cloud provider complies with all applicable federal, state, and local privacy laws, including ferpa?
– Do you conduct an annual privacy assessment to ensure that you are in compliance with privacy laws and regulations?
– Do we all define Customer data management in the same way?
– Are there recognized Customer data management problems?
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Match Software as a service tactics and be persistent.
– How likely is the current Customer data management plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
– How will you know that the Customer data management project has been successful?
Spreadsheet Critical Criteria:
Depict Spreadsheet planning and finalize the present value of growth of Spreadsheet.
– Can we describe the data architecture and relationship between key variables. for example, are data stored in a spreadsheet with one row for each person/entity, a relational database, or some other format?
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Customer data management project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– You may be using spreadsheets or other tools to track incidents, resolution times, and other data. How much time does it take to consolidate this information into meaningful reports?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Customer data management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Customer data management External links:
Customer Data Management Guidelines | Data Services, Inc.
Product – Customer Data Management – SessionM
Customer Data Management: Advice from 20 Experts
Aberdeen Group External links:
85 Aberdeen Group reviews. A free inside look at company reviews and salaries posted anonymously by employees.
Therapists – The Aberdeen Group
Application service provider External links:
Transcription application service provider (TASP)
Cloud computing External links:
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
REAN Cloud – Managed Services | Cloud Computing | DevOps
Customer External links:
Comcast Customer Service – XFINITY® Technical Support
Bank of America Customer Service
Customer Data Platform External links:
Marketing Intelligence & Customer Data Platform | Velocidi
Knowledge Marketing | Customer Data Platform
Amperity: The Only Intelligent Customer Data Platform
Customer base External links:
Customer Base | TI Automotive
Customer data External links:
dunnhumby – Customer Data Science for Retailers & Brands
Customer Data Platform (CDP): Listen. Learn. Execute – …
Customer Data Dial – Welcome | USPS
Customer feedback management services External links:
Customer Feedback Management Services | CraYve
Customer feedback management services – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Customer feedback management services
Customer privacy External links:
Customer Privacy Notice | The Hartford
Comcast Customer Privacy Notice – Xfinity
Customer Privacy | San Diego Gas & Electric
Customer relationship management External links:
Customer Relationship Management | CRM Software – Vtiger
Agile CRM – Customer Relationship Management
Customer retention External links:
What is Customer Retention? Definition and Metrics – NGDATA
Customer Retention & Loyalty Services | To Your Success
Customer retention | Verizon Community
Customer satisfaction External links:
Wawa Customer Satisfaction Survey – Welcome
Customer Satisfaction: Surveys, Questions & Templates
JCPenney Customer Satisfaction Survey – Welcome
Data warehouse External links:
HRSA Data Warehouse Home Page
Enterprise Data Warehouse | IT@UMN
Title 2 Data Warehouse – Data.gov
End user External links:
End User License Agreement | HP® Customer Support
[PDF]AP-197 Dyed Diesel Fuel End User Signed Statement …
Enterprise feedback management External links:
Enterprise Feedback Management Platform | Inquisium
Enterprise Feedback Management Solution | Medallia
Enterprise Feedback Management | SurveyMonkey
Human resources External links:
Human Resources Job Titles | Enlighten Jobs
Human Resources Job Titles-The Ultimate Guide | upstartHR
Human Resources Job Titles – The Balance
Information privacy External links:
Information Privacy | Citizens Bank
Your Health Information Privacy Rights (HIPAA) – WebMD
Information technology External links:
Information Technology (IT) Industry & Association | CompTIA
Box @ IU | University Information Technology Services
Student Email | Information Technology
Marketing External links:
Salesforce Marketing Cloud – Exact Target
Privacy law External links:
Privacy Law & HIPAA Flashcards | Quizlet
Software as a service External links:
What is Software as a Service (SaaS) – Salesforce.com
Enterprise Gamification Software as a Service Platform
Software as a Service – Banking Solutions | FinReach
Spreadsheet External links:
How to Put a Title on an Excel Spreadsheet | Chron.com
Untitled Spreadsheet – Yumpu
untitled spreadsheet @ Eredar – Community – World of Warcraft