What is involved in iPaaS
Find out what the related areas are that iPaaS connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a iPaaS thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its iPaaS journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward iPaaS leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which iPaaS related domains to cover and 114 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
iPaaS, Cloud-based integration, Business process management, Buzzword, Capital expenditure, Cloud computing, Electronic data interchange, Internet, Internet of things, Microsoft, MuleSoft, Operating expense, Oracle Corporation, SAP SE, Service-oriented architecture, Systems integration, Value-added network:
iPaaS Critical Criteria:
Pilot iPaaS planning and create a map for yourself.
– In what ways are iPaaS vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Have all basic functions of iPaaS been defined?
– Why should we adopt a iPaaS framework?
Cloud-based integration Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Cloud-based integration failures and shift your focus.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good iPaaS project manager?
– What threat is iPaaS addressing?
– What are our iPaaS Processes?
Business process management Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Business process management quality and look at the big picture.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing iPaaS?
– How do we go about Comparing iPaaS approaches/solutions?
– How can we improve iPaaS?
Buzzword Critical Criteria:
Check Buzzword issues and overcome Buzzword skills and management ineffectiveness.
– So, is DevOps a flash in the pan, an industry buzzword, or a new approach that will be cool for a couple of years and then superceded by the next big thing?
– Think about the functions involved in your iPaaS project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a iPaaS project?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in iPaaS?
Capital expenditure Critical Criteria:
Focus on Capital expenditure risks and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Capital expenditure projects.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this iPaaS process?
– What are the disruptive iPaaS technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Cloud computing issues and display thorough understanding of the Cloud computing process.
– It is clear that the CSP will face a large number of requests from its customers to prove that the CSP is secure and reliable. There a number of audit and compliance considerations for both the CSP and the customer to consider in cloud computing. First, which compliance framework should a CSP adopt to satisfy its customers and manage its own risks?
– How will you exercise control over the data within the cloud to ensure that the data are available and that confidentiality and integrity of the data remain protected?
– How will technology advancements in soa, virtualization and cloud computing further and enable saas adoption?
– What is the total cost related to deploying iPaaS, including any consulting or professional services?
– How do you prove data provenance in a cloud computing scenario when you are using shared resources?
– What are the key business and technical challenges of transitioning to a cloud computing strategy?
– What are the implications of cloud computing to enterprise application integration?
– How does cloud computing affect budget predictability for CIOs?
– Is cloud computing affecting traditional hardware vendors?
– Is there any recourses about cloud computing performance?
– Which is better for business open or closed clouds?
– Is the market ready yet for P2P cloud computing?
– What should telcos be focusing on in 5 10 years?
– Resource provisioning algos in cloud computing?
– What is scalability and why is it important?
– what is New About Cloud Computing Security?
– What happened to grid computing?
– Is the public cloud more secure?
– Fedramp approved/compliant?
Electronic data interchange Critical Criteria:
Infer Electronic data interchange visions and transcribe Electronic data interchange as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Consider your own iPaaS project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Are there recognized iPaaS problems?
– How do we keep improving iPaaS?
Internet Critical Criteria:
Value Internet projects and document what potential Internet megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– The pharmaceutical industry is also taking advantage of digital progress. It is using IoT for supply chain security in packaging and tracking of drugs. There are new companies using computer chips in pills for tracking adherence to drug regimens and associated biometrics. Using this as an example, how will we use and protect this sensitive data?
– How could FCC rules be changed to make it easier for small businesses to participate in the Internet of Things?
– Why Learn About Security, Privacy, and Ethical Issues in Information Systems and the Internet?
– Are there any agreements concerning the security and privacy of the data once it is shared?
– How will IoT applications affect users control over their own privacy and how will they react?
– What are our key showtoppers which will prevent or slow down IoT applications rise?
– How will it help your business compete in the context of Digital Marketing?
– What is the expected growth in terms of time, magnitude, location?
– Can we clarify what some of our real opportunities in iiot are?
– Have you established a Center of Excellence (COE) for the IoT?
– What are some available APIs for the Internet of Things?
– How will the Internet of Things affect the Smartgrid?
– Design for networking agnosticism: what is in a thing?
– What is the minimum acceptable level of reliability?
– What middlewares are used in Internet of things?
– Is there a need/way to authenticate a thing?
– What Is Agent-Based Modeling & Simulation?
– From whom is the information collected?
– Who is responsible for a data breach?
– What is an Agent?
Internet of things Critical Criteria:
Read up on Internet of things quality and oversee implementation of Internet of things.
– Extensibility: extensibility could be a huge challenge at the edge of the network, unlike a mobile system, the things in the IoT could be very dynamic. when the owner purchases a new thing, can it be easily added to the current service without any problem?
– How will the information collected from individuals or derived from the system, including the system itself be checked for accuracy?
– Can/how do the SWE standards work in an IoT environment on a large scale -billions/trillions or more sensors/ things ?
– How can sluggish supply chains be empowered by IoT to make them more transparent and responsive?
– What does enterprise-class security really mean in the case of an IoT cloud-based platform?
– What can a single chip embedded deep within a device do for the enterprise at large?
– Can I live with the built-in capabilities of the IoT platforms?
– An Open Internet of Things What does this concept mean to you?
– How can we best leverage cloud computing and obtain security?
– What does a good Internet of Things strategy include?
– How is the information transmitted or disclosed?
– What information is shared and for what purpose?
– What are the best Internet of Things use cases?
– What information is to be collected?
Microsoft Critical Criteria:
Map Microsoft adoptions and improve Microsoft service perception.
– Why is it the case that crm sfa sales force automation and hr systems are moving to cloud while scm manufacturing financial packages or systems are not moving to cloud?
– Can the Exchange define how First Call Resolution will be calculated, and how a resolvable call is distinguished from a nonresolvable call?
– Is there an integrated FAQ structure already in the exchange that can be tapped and expanded into the CRM for the agents?
– Do we understand our clients business drivers, financial metrics, buying process and decision criteria?
– What role can internal branding and employee engagement play in creating a positive brand experience?
– Will the Exchange provide the call volumes and average handle time for the Tier 1 and Tier II calls?
– How does CRM impact the company s bottom line or performance?
– How is a typical client engagement with your firm structured?
– Is there an incentive for visitors/customers to register?
– What is the recovery time objective for the application?
– Does Customer Knowledge Affect How Loyalty Is Formed?
– Is the offline synching performance acceptable?
– How is Business Intelligence related to CRM?
– Can your customers interact with each other?
– How long should e-mail messages be stored?
– Is your archivist in the information loop?
– Can customers place orders online?
– How much e-mail should be routed?
– Who Are Our Customers?
MuleSoft Critical Criteria:
Administer MuleSoft visions and spearhead techniques for implementing MuleSoft.
– In a project to restructure iPaaS outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Think of your iPaaS project. what are the main functions?
Operating expense Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Operating expense management and transcribe Operating expense as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to iPaaS?
– What are the usability implications of iPaaS actions?
Oracle Corporation Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Oracle Corporation governance and drive action.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of iPaaS activities?
– How will you measure your iPaaS effectiveness?
– Is iPaaS Required?
SAP SE Critical Criteria:
Consider SAP SE strategies and assess and formulate effective operational and SAP SE strategies.
– What are our needs in relation to iPaaS skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as iPaaS leaders?
– What are the barriers to increased iPaaS production?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Service-oriented architecture leadership and tour deciding if Service-oriented architecture progress is made.
– Why is iPaaS important for you now?
– Is the scope of iPaaS defined?
Systems integration Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Systems integration decisions and budget for Systems integration challenges.
– Are you looking for help with systems integration to get up and running faster?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed iPaaS opportunities costing us money?
– How do we Improve iPaaS service perception, and satisfaction?
– How would one define iPaaS leadership?
Value-added network Critical Criteria:
Understand Value-added network engagements and spearhead techniques for implementing Value-added network.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a iPaaS strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Do we monitor the iPaaS decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What are all of our iPaaS domains and what do they do?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the iPaaS Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
iPaaS External links:
Connect Commerce Apps | Commerce iPaaS | ChannelApe
Sesam – The hybrid Data Hub iPaaS
iPaaS Comparison Chart | Liaison Technologies
Cloud-based integration External links:
Infor Adds Cloud-Based Integration With Trubiquity Partnership
Dell Boomi – Cloud-based Integration Processes
Business process management External links:
Workflow Software, Business Process Management …
HEFLO BPM | Business Process Management
Buzzword External links:
Buzzword | Definition of Buzzword by Merriam-Webster
Bees becoming buzzword in Raleigh planning :: WRAL.com
A Dirty Word In The U.S., ‘Automation’ Is A Buzzword In China
Capital expenditure External links:
[PDF]Capital Expenditure Policy – University of Texas System
Capital Expenditure Policy | Expense | Chief Financial Officer
What Is Capital Expenditure? — The Motley Fool
Cloud computing External links:
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
AWS Cloud Computing Certification Program – aws.amazon.com
CRM Software & Cloud Computing Solutions – Salesforce UK
Electronic data interchange External links:
Electronic data interchange (Book, 1991) [WorldCat.org]
What is EDI (Electronic Data Interchange)? | EDI Basics
Texas Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Resources
Internet of things External links:
Internet of Things – Microsoft Internet of Things Blog
AT&T M2X: Build solutions for the Internet of Things
Microsoft External links:
Microsoft (@Microsoft) | Twitter
Microsoft – Official Home Page
Outlook.com – Microsoft free personal email
MuleSoft External links:
[PDF]MuleSoft, Inc. – E*TRADE
Anypoint Platform Trial License | MuleSoft
Company MuleSoft | Cleverism.com
Operating expense External links:
[PDF]Oil and Gas Operating Expense Data – State of California
Operating expense financial definition of operating expense
Oracle Corporation External links:
Oracle Corporation (ORCL) After Hours Trading – NASDAQ.com
ORCL: Oracle Corporation – Detailed Estimates – Zacks.com
Oracle Corporation – ORCL – Stock Price Today – Zacks
SAP SE External links:
SAP – SAP SE Stock quote – CNNMoney.com