What is involved in JConsole
Find out what the related areas are that JConsole connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a JConsole thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its JConsole journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward JConsole leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which JConsole related domains to cover and 20 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
JConsole, Java Development Kit, Java Management Extensions, Java Virtual Machine:
JConsole Critical Criteria:
Add value to JConsole strategies and adjust implementation of JConsole.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if JConsole does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Is there any existing JConsole governance structure?
– Does our organization need more JConsole education?
Java Development Kit Critical Criteria:
Guide Java Development Kit decisions and arbitrate Java Development Kit techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of JConsole product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as JConsole leaders?
– What are the business goals JConsole is aiming to achieve?
Java Management Extensions Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Java Management Extensions leadership and mentor Java Management Extensions customer orientation.
– Who needs to know about JConsole ?
– Who sets the JConsole standards?
Java Virtual Machine Critical Criteria:
Sort Java Virtual Machine decisions and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– In what ways are JConsole vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the JConsole process?
– What are the short and long-term JConsole goals?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the JConsole Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Java Development Kit External links:
Java Development Kit – Download
Java Development Kit (JDK) – JRockit
IBM Supported IBM Java Development Kit (JDK) Versions …
Java Management Extensions External links:
Splunk Add-on for Java Management Extensions | …
Deep Dive into Java Management Extensions (JMX)
What is Java Management Extensions? An Overview of …
Java Virtual Machine External links:
Minecraft – Java Virtual Machine Error Fixed! – YouTube
Microsoft Java Virtual Machine locks up Windows XP
Detecting Java Virtual Machine Vendor – Top Producer 8i