What is involved in Process architecture
Find out what the related areas are that Process architecture connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Process architecture thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Process architecture journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Process architecture leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Process architecture related domains to cover and 175 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Process architecture, Abstraction, Calculus of communicating systems, Complex system, Complexity, Dualistic Petri nets, Enterprise architecture, Enterprise information security architecture, Flowchart, Hierarchy, Information architecture, Infrastructure, Method engineering, Petri net, Petri nets, Process calculus, Process engineering, Process management, Process modeling, Process theory, Real-time computing, Superstructure, System, System of systems, Systems architecture, Systems theory, Workflow, Π-calculus:
Process architecture Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Process architecture outcomes and change contexts.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Process architecture in a volatile global economy?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Process architecture?
Abstraction Critical Criteria:
Group Abstraction goals and summarize a clear Abstraction focus.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Process architecture move?
– How is the value delivered by Process architecture being measured?
Calculus of communicating systems Critical Criteria:
Focus on Calculus of communicating systems risks and be persistent.
– Do the Process architecture decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Is Process architecture dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Are there Process architecture Models?
Complex system Critical Criteria:
Apply Complex system strategies and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Complex system decisions.
– How much testing is necessary in order to expose all the potential failure modes and situations of highly integrated complex systems?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Process architecture process?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Process architecture leaders?
– Complex interventions or complex systems?
– Do we have past Process architecture Successes?
Complexity Critical Criteria:
Pilot Complexity engagements and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Complexity.
– The approach of traditional Process architecture works for detail complexity but is focused on a systematic approach rather than an understanding of the nature of systems themselves. what approach will permit us to deal with the kind of unpredictable emergent behaviors that dynamic complexity can introduce?
– When observing natural systems, complexity theorists can identify, to some degree, which systems have these features. to apply complexity theory to engineered systems that we have not yet designed, can we predict these features within acceptable accuracy ranges?
– If we can describe engineered systems in a way analogous to natural systems (global complexity emerging from local simplicity, for example), can we identify the parameters which obey the kind of power-law relationship we find in natural systems?
– Besides the obvious differences of scale and complexity, does the development of a small Web site call for a qualitatively different approach to information architecture?
– Regarding the way the system is formed and operates and the scale of interest; e.g., are we interested in complexity at the level of atoms or of cells or of organs?
– The complexity of our design task is significantly affected by the nature of the objectives for the systems to be designed. is the task intricate, or difficult?
– How can a structural positioning diagram, using complexity and divergence, help frame the issues in our sales and service redesign project?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Process architecture strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What approach will permit us to deal with the kind of unpredictable emergent behaviors that dynamic complexity can introduce?
– It is often said that CRMs complexity is due to its quantity of functions. How do we handle this?
– How to manage the complexity to permit us to answer questions, such as: when have we done enough?
– Can we do Process architecture without complex (expensive) analysis?
– What type and complexity of system administration roles?
– Why is Process architecture important for you now?
– What Can We Learn From a Theory of Complexity?
– What is the complexity of the output produced?
– What can a complexity lens add?
Dualistic Petri nets Critical Criteria:
Recall Dualistic Petri nets quality and forecast involvement of future Dualistic Petri nets projects in development.
– When a Process architecture manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– What are specific Process architecture Rules to follow?
– Are we Assessing Process architecture and Risk?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Learn from Enterprise architecture tasks and assess what counts with Enterprise architecture that we are not counting.
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– To what extent does management recognize Process architecture as a tool to increase the results?
– How do we know that any Process architecture analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Enterprise information security architecture Critical Criteria:
Mix Enterprise information security architecture quality and separate what are the business goals Enterprise information security architecture is aiming to achieve.
– In the case of a Process architecture project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Process architecture project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Process architecture project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Process architecture? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
Flowchart Critical Criteria:
Debate over Flowchart leadership and track iterative Flowchart results.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Process architecture information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– How do we manage Process architecture Knowledge Management (KM)?
Hierarchy Critical Criteria:
Test Hierarchy goals and overcome Hierarchy skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Once youve designed the integrated navigation system, you can consider the addition of one or more remote navigation elements. In most cases, you will need to choose between a table of contents, an index, and a site map. Is the hierarchy strong and clear?
– Grouping content into the top-level categories of an information hierarchy is typically the most important and challenging process you will face. How should the content be organized?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Process architecture objectives?
– Should you use a hierarchy or would a more structured database-model work best?
– What are all of our Process architecture domains and what do they do?
– How do we go about Comparing Process architecture approaches/solutions?
– Where should items be located in the hierarchy or network?
– When should a new level in the hierarchy be added?
– Is the hierarchy strong and clear?
Information architecture Critical Criteria:
Look at Information architecture quality and describe which business rules are needed as Information architecture interface.
– Has the semantic relationship between information elements been identified based on the information models and classification schemes?
– Does the information generation, consumption and/or access conform to agency specific and government regulations?
– How much information is being searched: Will users be overwhelmed by the number of documents retrieved?
– If you have ten thousand documents, can you use a labeling system of ten terms to label them?
– Is there a requirement to measure and evaluate the volume of information being generated?
– What are the main obstacles to constructing a Web site with a solid architecture?
– Are you constantly questioning: is this content, menu and so on useful?
– Do you have the technology and the skills to meet each requirement?
– Has the time span for the use of this information been analyzed?
– What are the short-term goals with respect to the web site?
– How to judge when enough information has been gathered?
– What are the short and long-term goals of the site?
– Is there a requirement to use user defined tagging?
– Is there an information classification strategy?
– What is the context or situation for your users?
– Is it bad or good to have duplicate menu items?
– Is there a metadata strategy?
– Do you index web pages?
– How do we index?
Infrastructure Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Infrastructure governance and revise understanding of Infrastructure architectures.
– IDS/IPS traffic pattern analysis can often detect or block attacks such as a denial-of-service attack or a network scan. However, in some cases this is legitimate traffic (such as using cloud infrastructure for load testing or security testing). Does the cloud provider have a documented exception process for allowing legitimate traffic that the IDS/IPS flags as an attack pattern?
– With this new, full-stack approach to software delivery comes new opportunity for delay. DevOps was developed as a reaction to the long lead times required for infrastructure provisioning and integration with bureaucracy-laden ITIL processes. But what are these new sources of delay in the software development lifecycle?
– Does the software let users work with the existing data infrastructure already in place, freeing your IT team from creating more cubes, universes, and standalone marts?
– Will Process architecture have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Which mechanism enables a lun with higher capacity than is physically allocated to be presented to a compute system?
– Which of these practices do commenters see as being the most critical for the secure operation of critical infrastructure?
– Which fibre channel (fc) port type would only be used to connect an fc switch to another switch?
– What IT infrastructure do we have and what do we need to support the future organization needs?
– what is the difference between an application service and an infrastructure service?
– What best describes the authorization process in information security?
– What is true about the trusted computing base in information security?
– What can be backed up if a backup agent is installed on a vm?
– What is a best practice for selecting drives for a thin pool?
– What is the average time to repair an infrastructure failure?
– Which raid technique does the graphic represent?
– Which challenges do raid technologies address?
– Which raid type uses a dedicated parity disk?
– What best describes vm isolation?
Method engineering Critical Criteria:
Talk about Method engineering governance and stake your claim.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Process architecture values?
– Are there Process architecture problems defined?
Petri net Critical Criteria:
Confer re Petri net planning and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Petri net information.
– In a project to restructure Process architecture outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What is our Process architecture Strategy?
Petri nets Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Petri nets adoptions and find the ideas you already have.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Process architecture objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Is the Process architecture organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What are the usability implications of Process architecture actions?
Process calculus Critical Criteria:
Read up on Process calculus projects and devise Process calculus key steps.
– Among the Process architecture product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– What is the source of the strategies for Process architecture strengthening and reform?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Process architecture that make it risky?
Process engineering Critical Criteria:
Sort Process engineering projects and learn.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Process architecture strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– How can you negotiate Process architecture successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– What threat is Process architecture addressing?
Process management Critical Criteria:
X-ray Process management adoptions and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Process management.
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Process architecture opportunities costing us money?
– Think of your Process architecture project. what are the main functions?
– What are the long-term Process architecture goals?
Process modeling Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Process modeling tasks and look at it backwards.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Process architecture processes?
– What business benefits will Process architecture goals deliver if achieved?
Process theory Critical Criteria:
Discourse Process theory governance and revise understanding of Process theory architectures.
– Are there process theory explanations for differentiating better from less successful ways to implement agile techniques?
– Do we monitor the Process architecture decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Real-time computing Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Real-time computing governance and report on developing an effective Real-time computing strategy.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Process architecture moving forward?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Process architecture project?
Superstructure Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Superstructure management and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Superstructure decisions.
– what is the best design framework for Process architecture organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Does Process architecture appropriately measure and monitor risk?
System Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize System visions and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of System.
– Has your organization conducted an evaluation of the Cybersecurity risks for major systems at each stage of the system deployment lifecycle?
– How do you monitor your Cybersecurity posture on business IT systems and ICS systems and communicate status and needs to leadership?
– In the lms section where the courses are listed do you want the vendor to configure the listed courses during the implementation?
– What are the existing research issues and what should be the future research agenda in legacy to cloud migration?
– How and how much do Resilience functions performed by a particular system impact own and others vulnerabilities?
– Do we require the vendor to host and/or manage custom and off-the-shelf titles?
– Is the compliance of systems with organization security policies and standards ensured?
– Is Cybersecurity integrated between business systems and control systems?
– How will re-appraisal of data be managed within the repository system?
– What are Pros and Cons of the CRM system that you are using?
– Do all accounting systems require using debits and credits?
– Are there separate sub-systems that have to communicate?
– Additional systems we should consider in our analysis?
– Considering a re-encoding of the state variables ?
– What is the ethnicity of your parents/ spouse?
– Will it work with current systems?
– Why investigate other systems?
– How does it all fit together?
– Do you have aids or hiv?
System of systems Critical Criteria:
Participate in System of systems risks and find out what it really means.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Process architecture workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Do those selected for the Process architecture team have a good general understanding of what Process architecture is all about?
– What is the best definition of System of Systems?
– How can skill-level changes improve Process architecture?
Systems architecture Critical Criteria:
Meet over Systems architecture goals and mentor Systems architecture customer orientation.
– Is the scope of Process architecture defined?
Systems theory Critical Criteria:
Align Systems theory risks and look in other fields.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Process architecture processes?
– Is There a Role for Complex Adaptive Systems Theory?
Workflow Critical Criteria:
Study Workflow tasks and explore and align the progress in Workflow.
– Security and authentication technologies, allied to event logging, in the cloud computing environment can help auditors as they deal with issues related to workflow were those who entered, approved, changed or otherwise touched data authorized to do so, on an individual, group or role-related basis?
– Constantly communicate the new direction to staff. HR must rapidly readjust organizational charts, job descriptions, workflow processes, salary levels, performance measurement, etc. Why?
– Have you captured the workflow (which conceptualizes the data inputs, transformations, and analytical steps to achieve the final data output)?
– Process support: how can a project better institutionalize workflow support without adding a bureaucratic burden to the developers?
– How to manage workflows and projects, that are inherently distributed outside the organizational structure?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Process architecture requirements in detail?
– To create parallel systems or custom workflows?
– What are current Process architecture Paradigms?
– What happens to workflows?
Π-calculus Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Π-calculus governance and find out what it really means.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Process architecture strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Process architecture project manager?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Process architecture?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Process architecture Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Abstraction External links:
The Abstraction (2015) – IMDb
Calculus of communicating systems External links:
Calculus of Communicating Systems – NIST
[PDF]Introduction to Calculus of Communicating Systems …
The Calculus of Communicating Systems
Complex system External links:
Information Modeling and Control of Complex Systems …
MIT’s Architecture of Complex Systems Online Course …
Complexity External links:
Complexity (2011) – IMDb
[PDF]Introduction to time complexity – Codility
Complexity Science (eBook, 2013) [WorldCat.org]
Dualistic Petri nets External links:
Dualistic Petri nets – 21pw.com
Enterprise architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence
Enterprise Architecture | North Dakota ITD
Enterprise information security architecture External links:
Enterprise information security architecture
http://Enterprise information security architecture (EISA) is a part of enterprise architecture focusing on information security throughout the enterprise. The name implies a difference that may not exist between small/medium-sized businesses and larger organizations.
Flowchart External links:
Flowchart Maker & Diagramming Software, Microsoft Visio
draw.io – Flowchart Maker & Online Diagram Software
Hierarchy External links:
Corporate designation Rank Hierarchy chart …
Organizational Hierarchy Structure | Chron.com
Hierarchy Synonyms, Hierarchy Antonyms | Thesaurus.com
Information architecture External links:
Semiotics Web (SW) & Information Architecture (IA) – Meetup
Infrastructure External links:
Harris County Public Infrastructure Department – HCPID
Institute For Sustainable Infrastructure
Petri net External links:
Petri Net Five Dining Philosophers problem – YouTube
What is a Petri Net? | Phrase Definitions – Quora
Petri nets External links:
Traffic Light with Petri Nets and Woped – YouTube
Petri Nets – University of Texas at Austin
[PDF]Petri Nets: Tutorial and Applications – UMD ISR
Process calculus External links:
A logical process calculus (Microform, 2001) [WorldCat.org]
Process engineering External links:
Process Engineering Research & Development Center
Process management External links:
http://Management process is a process of setting goals, planning and/or controlling the organizing and leading the execution of any type of activity, such as: a project (project management process) or. a process (process management process, sometimes referred to as the process performance measurement and management system).
HEFLO BPM | Business Process Management
Emerson Process Management, Process Systems
Process modeling External links:
Process Modeling – Support – Sigma
Process modeling (eBook, 1986) [WorldCat.org]
Process theory External links:
A process theory of organization (eBook, 2014) …
Real-time computing External links:
Real-Time Computing – CHM Revolution – Computer …
What is Real-Time Computing? (Diet Coke + Menthos …
In computer science, real-time computing (RTC), or reactive computing describes hardware and software systems subject to a “real-time constraint”, for example from event to system response. Real-time programs must guarantee response within specified time constraints, often referred to as “deadlines”.
Superstructure External links:
superstructure – Thesaurus.com | Synonyms and …
LRFD Steel Girder SuperStructure Design Example – …
System External links:
System of systems External links:
[PDF]System of Systems Engineering Collaborators …
Systems architecture External links:
Systems Architecture Ch 11/13 Flashcards | Quizlet
The US Navy — Fact File: Open Systems Architecture (OSA)
Systems theory External links:
Family Systems Theory Flashcards | Quizlet
Chapter 4 Systems Theory Flashcards | Quizlet
Workflow External links:
WorkFlow – Federal Title
Wide Area Workflow eBusiness Suite – WAWF
Starting your Workflow | Nintex Community