What is involved in Business agility
Find out what the related areas are that Business agility connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Business agility thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Business agility journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Business agility leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Business agility related domains to cover and 108 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Business agility, Agile software development, Burning Man, Business system, Complex adaptive systems, Complex systems, Complexity, Complexity science, Dynamic decision making, Edge of chaos, Emergence, Enterprise architecture, Holacracy, Model of hierarchical complexity, Organizational intelligence, Participatory organization, Self-organization, Self-organizing, Spontaneous order, W. L. Gore & Associates:
Business agility Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Business agility quality and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Business agility.
– What are all of our Business agility domains and what do they do?
– What are the business goals Business agility is aiming to achieve?
– How do we keep improving Business agility?
Agile software development Critical Criteria:
Think about Agile software development governance and pioneer acquisition of Agile software development systems.
– Management buy-in is a concern. Many program managers are worried that upper-level management would ask for progress reports and productivity metrics that would be hard to gather in an Agile work environment. Management ignorance of Agile methodologies is also a worry. Will Agile advantages be able to overcome the well-known existing problems in software development?
– Imagine a scenario where you engage a software group to build a critical software system. Do you think you could provide every last detail the developers need to know right off the bat?
– How will nonfunctional requirements pertaining to availability, security, performance, and many other factors be addressed?
– How could agile approach be taken into consideration when recruiting personnel and allocating people into projects?
– Can research really be relegated to a series of steps that when performed in sequence result in a new product?
– Are meetings viewed as ways for managers to micromanage their teams: what have you done in the last 24 hours?
– Do not ISO 9000 and CMM certifications loose their meaning when applied to the software industry?
– What other types of systems might be able to benefit from this component?
– How can Trello be used as an Agile project management tool?
– How do you scale Agile to large (500-5000 person) teams?
– How do you best coordinate Agile and non-Agile teams?
– Are there SaaS tools for allocating workers to tasks?
– Is There a Role for Complex Adaptive Systems Theory?
– What does it mean to scale agile solution delivery?
– How do Web Operators communicate with Developers?
– What are you planning to complete today?
– How is the development team organized?
– How good are our agile methods?
– How much modeling to do?
Burning Man Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Burning Man goals and sort Burning Man activities.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Business agility. How do we gain traction?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Business agility? There might be some that are less obvious?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Business agility processes of our organization?
Business system Critical Criteria:
Merge Business system leadership and oversee Business system requirements.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Business agility into the services that we provide?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Business agility forward?
– Is Cybersecurity integrated between business systems and control systems?
– Who sets the Business agility standards?
Complex adaptive systems Critical Criteria:
Understand Complex adaptive systems decisions and find out.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Business agility products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Who needs to know about Business agility ?
– Are there recognized Business agility problems?
Complex systems Critical Criteria:
Consider Complex systems tasks and raise human resource and employment practices for Complex systems.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Business agility project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– How much testing is necessary in order to expose all the potential failure modes and situations of highly integrated complex systems?
– In a project to restructure Business agility outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Complex interventions or complex systems?
Complexity Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Complexity risks and balance specific methods for improving Complexity results.
– The approach of traditional Business agility works for detail complexity but is focused on a systematic approach rather than an understanding of the nature of systems themselves. what approach will permit us to deal with the kind of unpredictable emergent behaviors that dynamic complexity can introduce?
– When observing natural systems, complexity theorists can identify, to some degree, which systems have these features. to apply complexity theory to engineered systems that we have not yet designed, can we predict these features within acceptable accuracy ranges?
– If we can describe engineered systems in a way analogous to natural systems (global complexity emerging from local simplicity, for example), can we identify the parameters which obey the kind of power-law relationship we find in natural systems?
– Besides the obvious differences of scale and complexity, does the development of a small Web site call for a qualitatively different approach to information architecture?
– The complexity of our design task is significantly affected by the nature of the objectives for the systems to be designed. is the task intricate, or difficult?
– To apply complexity theory to engineered systems that we have not yet designed, can we predict these features within acceptable accuracy ranges?
– Is it possible to estimate the impact of unanticipated complexity such as wrong or failed assumptions, feedback, etc. on proposed reforms?
– What approach will permit us to deal with the kind of unpredictable emergent behaviors that dynamic complexity can introduce?
– It is often said that CRMs complexity is due to its quantity of functions. How do we handle this?
– How to manage the complexity to permit us to answer questions, such as: when have we done enough?
– What is the source of the strategies for Business agility strengthening and reform?
– What type and complexity of system administration roles?
– What Can We Learn From a Theory of Complexity?
– What can a complexity lens add?
Complexity science Critical Criteria:
See the value of Complexity science results and report on the economics of relationships managing Complexity science and constraints.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Business agility? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– To what extent does management recognize Business agility as a tool to increase the results?
Dynamic decision making Critical Criteria:
Map Dynamic decision making risks and get answers.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Business agility project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Business agility project lifecycle?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Business agility process?
– Is Business agility Required?
Edge of chaos Critical Criteria:
Shape Edge of chaos failures and sort Edge of chaos activities.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Business agility processes?
– How do we measure improved Business agility service perception, and satisfaction?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Business agility Management?
Emergence Critical Criteria:
Reason over Emergence management and revise understanding of Emergence architectures.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Business agility information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Business agility values?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Business agility?
– How is the emergence of new CRM solutions offered factored in?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Enterprise architecture results and look for lots of ideas.
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Business agility does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Business agility moving forward?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Holacracy Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Holacracy goals and finalize specific methods for Holacracy acceptance.
– Are accountability and ownership for Business agility clearly defined?
– What about Business agility Analysis of results?
Model of hierarchical complexity Critical Criteria:
Define Model of hierarchical complexity decisions and differentiate in coordinating Model of hierarchical complexity.
– Do we have past Business agility Successes?
– Are we Assessing Business agility and Risk?
Organizational intelligence Critical Criteria:
Examine Organizational intelligence issues and find the ideas you already have.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Business agility product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Business agility?
Participatory organization Critical Criteria:
Scan Participatory organization decisions and develop and take control of the Participatory organization initiative.
– Among the Business agility product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Is the Business agility organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Is there any existing Business agility governance structure?
Self-organization Critical Criteria:
Map Self-organization issues and work towards be a leading Self-organization expert.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Business agility goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– How do we go about Comparing Business agility approaches/solutions?
– Are there Business agility problems defined?
Self-organizing Critical Criteria:
Value Self-organizing decisions and get going.
– Think about the functions involved in your Business agility project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Who will provide the final approval of Business agility deliverables?
– How to deal with Business agility Changes?
Spontaneous order Critical Criteria:
Detail Spontaneous order strategies and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Spontaneous order.
W. L. Gore & Associates Critical Criteria:
Value W. L. Gore & Associates management and maintain W. L. Gore & Associates for success.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Business agility processes?
– Is Business agility Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Business agility Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Business agility External links:
How DevOps Can Unleash Business Agility | Pega
Business Agility | Agile Business Consortium
What is Business Agility? | HRZone
Agile software development External links:
Scrum Overview: Agile Software Development
What is Agile Software Development? | Agile Alliance
8 Benefits of Agile Software Development | Segue …
Burning Man External links:
Burning Man Festival, – Business Insider
Burning Man – Official Site
Burning Man – Home | Facebook
Business system External links:
[PDF]General Fund Enterprise Business System (GFEBS)
Diversity Management Business System
Complex adaptive systems External links:
[PDF]Complex Adaptive Systems – MIT
http://web.mit.edu/esd.83/www/notebook/Complex Adaptive Systems.pdf
Complex Adaptive Systems Modeling | Home page
Research | Complex Adaptive Systems Initiative
Complex systems External links:
Information Modeling and Control of Complex Systems …
Complex Systems Analysis | Energy Analysis | NREL
Hiring Teams – Complex systems channel – Medium
Complexity External links:
[PDF]Prescribed Fire Complexity Rating System Guide
Achievethecore.org :: Text Complexity
VHA Operative Complexity – Veterans Health Administration
Complexity science External links:
complexity map castellani map of complexity science
Complexity Science Flashcards | Quizlet
Staff View: Nursing, caring, and complexity science
Dynamic decision making External links:
What is Dynamic Decision Making? – YouTube
Dynamic Decision Making Laboratory
Edge of chaos External links:
LEADING ON THE EDGE OF CHAOS: The 10 Critical …
About the Edge | The Edge of Chaos
Crul’shorukh, Edge of Chaos – Item – World of Warcraft
Emergence External links:
Emergence – Home | Facebook
Home – Emergence Health Network
Investing | Emergence Conference 2018
Enterprise architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture Standards | CDT
Zachman International – Enterprise Architecture
Enterprise Architecture – CDT Services
Holacracy External links:
holaSpirit – Application for Holacracy and teal organizations
Holacracy – Official Site
Beyond the Holacracy Hype – Harvard Business Review
Model of hierarchical complexity External links:
Model of hierarchical complexity (1/3) – YouTube
The Model of Hierarchical Complexity provides the basis to
Model of Hierarchical Complexity – kort introduktion – …
Organizational intelligence External links:
[PDF]Modeling organizational intelligence: Nothing …
Organizational Intelligence Surveys: A Smarter …
Organizational Intelligence Training – Home | Facebook
Participatory organization External links:
triaxiom9 – We are an open participatory organization
Self-organizing External links:
Self-Organizing Systems Research Group
Self-Organizing Particle Systems
Spontaneous order External links:
Spontaneous Order – Google+
Spontaneous Order – Online Library of Liberty
Immanuel Kant on Spontaneous Order | Libertarianism.org