What is involved in Enterprise Key Management
Find out what the related areas are that Enterprise Key Management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Enterprise Key Management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Enterprise Key Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Enterprise Key Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Enterprise Key Management related domains to cover and 139 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Enterprise Key Management, Key management, Asymmetric key algorithm, Block cipher, Book code, Bring your own encryption, Certificate authority, Clear text, Cryptographic key types, Cryptographic protocol, Digital certificates, Diplomatic bag, Dynamic secrets, Electronic Key Management System, Enigma machine, Hardware security, Hash function, Internet of Things, Key Wrap, Key ceremony, Key derivation function, Key distribution center, Key encapsulation, Key exchange, Key generation, Key scheduling, Key server, Open source, Over the Air Rekeying, Point of sale, Proprietary software, Pseudorandom function family, Public-key cryptography, Public Key Infrastructure, SSH Communications Security, Secure Sockets Layer, Symmetric key algorithm, Transport Layer Security:
Enterprise Key Management Critical Criteria:
Deduce Enterprise Key Management tactics and cater for concise Enterprise Key Management education.
– How do we maintain Enterprise Key Managements Integrity?
– How do we Lead with Enterprise Key Management in Mind?
Key management Critical Criteria:
Jump start Key management governance and correct better engagement with Key management results.
– Another confidentiality consideration for encryption is key management. How are the encryption keys that are used going to be managed and by whom?
– Is the Enterprise Key Management organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What will drive Enterprise Key Management change?
Asymmetric key algorithm Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Asymmetric key algorithm outcomes and pay attention to the small things.
– What are the usability implications of Enterprise Key Management actions?
– What are internal and external Enterprise Key Management relations?
– How can skill-level changes improve Enterprise Key Management?
Block cipher Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Block cipher visions and look at the big picture.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Enterprise Key Management strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Have all basic functions of Enterprise Key Management been defined?
– How can we improve Enterprise Key Management?
Book code Critical Criteria:
Face Book code governance and report on setting up Book code without losing ground.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Enterprise Key Management?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Enterprise Key Management project?
Bring your own encryption Critical Criteria:
Focus on Bring your own encryption outcomes and plan concise Bring your own encryption education.
– When a Enterprise Key Management manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Enterprise Key Management?
Certificate authority Critical Criteria:
Examine Certificate authority quality and secure Certificate authority creativity.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Enterprise Key Management processes?
– Is a Enterprise Key Management Team Work effort in place?
– What are current Enterprise Key Management Paradigms?
Clear text Critical Criteria:
Detail Clear text leadership and pay attention to the small things.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Enterprise Key Management process?
– What are our needs in relation to Enterprise Key Management skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Enterprise Key Management?
Cryptographic key types Critical Criteria:
Steer Cryptographic key types projects and observe effective Cryptographic key types.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Enterprise Key Management strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Enterprise Key Management? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Are we Assessing Enterprise Key Management and Risk?
Cryptographic protocol Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Cryptographic protocol tactics and innovate what needs to be done with Cryptographic protocol.
– How do we measure improved Enterprise Key Management service perception, and satisfaction?
– Are there recognized Enterprise Key Management problems?
Digital certificates Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Digital certificates issues and attract Digital certificates skills.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Enterprise Key Management services/products?
– Will the organizations PKI product accept digital certificates from other PKI products?
– How much does Enterprise Key Management help?
Diplomatic bag Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Diplomatic bag tactics and handle a jump-start course to Diplomatic bag.
– Do those selected for the Enterprise Key Management team have a good general understanding of what Enterprise Key Management is all about?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Enterprise Key Management, including any consulting or professional services?
Dynamic secrets Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Dynamic secrets adoptions and sort Dynamic secrets activities.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Enterprise Key Management in a volatile global economy?
– What management system can we use to leverage the Enterprise Key Management experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Enterprise Key Management leaders?
Electronic Key Management System Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Electronic Key Management System visions and report on setting up Electronic Key Management System without losing ground.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Enterprise Key Management project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Enterprise Key Management project?
– How do we manage Enterprise Key Management Knowledge Management (KM)?
Enigma machine Critical Criteria:
Merge Enigma machine results and give examples utilizing a core of simple Enigma machine skills.
– What vendors make products that address the Enterprise Key Management needs?
– Are accountability and ownership for Enterprise Key Management clearly defined?
Hardware security Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Hardware security outcomes and shift your focus.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Enterprise Key Management delivery for example is new software needed?
– What are specific Enterprise Key Management Rules to follow?
– How to Secure Enterprise Key Management?
Hash function Critical Criteria:
Focus on Hash function results and do something to it.
– Which customers cant participate in our Enterprise Key Management domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Enterprise Key Management?
– How is the value delivered by Enterprise Key Management being measured?
Internet of Things Critical Criteria:
Understand Internet of Things quality and document what potential Internet of Things megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Does the Internet of Things need a scale-of-blame to help manage security incidents during the years until technology solves the security problem?
– How will the service discovery platforms that will be needed to deploy sensor networks impact the overall governance of the iot?
– Do we ensure to not add features when theyre not needed and contribute to the insecurity/fragility of the whole system?
– What auditing measures and technical safeguards are in place to prevent misuse of data?
– In the event the database is corrupted, to what level of currency must it be restored?
– How to effectively and fairly allocate resources among a collection of competing users?
– With which internal components of our organization is the information shared?
– How would a society benefit from an AI that passes the Turing test?
– Who are the vendors and startups active in the Internet of Things?
– How much are companies liable vs. the consumers themselves?
– What are some available APIs for the Internet of Things?
– Which applications and services will be expected?
– How will we use and protect this sensitive data?
– What happens if a contract must be terminated?
– Do we do Agent-Based Modeling and Simulation?
– Which structures need to be backed up?
– What is the identifier of a thing?
– How can we drive IoT at every level?
– Can we remove maintenance?
– What is an Agent?
Key Wrap Critical Criteria:
Add value to Key Wrap governance and balance specific methods for improving Key Wrap results.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Enterprise Key Management moving forward?
– How important is Enterprise Key Management to the user organizations mission?
– Are there Enterprise Key Management problems defined?
Key ceremony Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Key ceremony strategies and cater for concise Key ceremony education.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Enterprise Key Management processes?
– Among the Enterprise Key Management product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How can you measure Enterprise Key Management in a systematic way?
Key derivation function Critical Criteria:
Participate in Key derivation function risks and look at the big picture.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Enterprise Key Management products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Does Enterprise Key Management systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Enterprise Key Management opportunities costing us money?
Key distribution center Critical Criteria:
Discuss Key distribution center decisions and handle a jump-start course to Key distribution center.
– Who sets the Enterprise Key Management standards?
Key encapsulation Critical Criteria:
Read up on Key encapsulation tasks and forecast involvement of future Key encapsulation projects in development.
– Are assumptions made in Enterprise Key Management stated explicitly?
Key exchange Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Key exchange quality and point out improvements in Key exchange.
– What threat is Enterprise Key Management addressing?
Key generation Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Key generation risks and define what do we need to start doing with Key generation.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Enterprise Key Management effort?
– How do we go about Securing Enterprise Key Management?
Key scheduling Critical Criteria:
Canvass Key scheduling tactics and summarize a clear Key scheduling focus.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Enterprise Key Management been identified and analyzed?
– What are all of our Enterprise Key Management domains and what do they do?
Key server Critical Criteria:
Match Key server adoptions and report on developing an effective Key server strategy.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Enterprise Key Management into the services that we provide?
– Do we monitor the Enterprise Key Management decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– To what extent does management recognize Enterprise Key Management as a tool to increase the results?
Open source Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Open source issues and get answers.
– Is there any open source personal cloud software which provides privacy and ease of use 1 click app installs cross platform html5?
– How much do political issues impact on the decision in open source projects and how does this ultimately impact on innovation?
– What are the different RDBMS (commercial and open source) options available in the cloud today?
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– How will you know that the Enterprise Key Management project has been successful?
– Vetter, Infectious Open Source Software: Spreading Incentives or Promoting Resistance?
– What are some good open source projects for the internet of things?
– What are the best open source solutions for data loss prevention?
– Is open source software development essentially an agile method?
– Why should we adopt a Enterprise Key Management framework?
– What can a cms do for an open source project?
– Is there an open source alternative to adobe captivate?
– What are the open source alternatives to Moodle?
Over the Air Rekeying Critical Criteria:
Analyze Over the Air Rekeying results and look at it backwards.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Enterprise Key Management forward?
Point of sale Critical Criteria:
See the value of Point of sale decisions and point out Point of sale tensions in leadership.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Enterprise Key Management does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What is Effective Enterprise Key Management?
– Is Enterprise Key Management Required?
Proprietary software Critical Criteria:
Infer Proprietary software strategies and plan concise Proprietary software education.
– How can you negotiate Enterprise Key Management successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
Pseudorandom function family Critical Criteria:
Adapt Pseudorandom function family tactics and describe which business rules are needed as Pseudorandom function family interface.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Enterprise Key Management that make it risky?
– What about Enterprise Key Management Analysis of results?
Public-key cryptography Critical Criteria:
Jump start Public-key cryptography leadership and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Public-key cryptography projects.
– Will Enterprise Key Management have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Enterprise Key Management goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
Public Key Infrastructure Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Public Key Infrastructure risks and find answers.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Enterprise Key Management strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
SSH Communications Security Critical Criteria:
See the value of SSH Communications Security decisions and document what potential SSH Communications Security megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Does Enterprise Key Management analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Secure Sockets Layer Critical Criteria:
Judge Secure Sockets Layer issues and oversee Secure Sockets Layer requirements.
– How can the value of Enterprise Key Management be defined?
– Is the scope of Enterprise Key Management defined?
Symmetric key algorithm Critical Criteria:
Steer Symmetric key algorithm results and work towards be a leading Symmetric key algorithm expert.
– Which Enterprise Key Management goals are the most important?
– How will you measure your Enterprise Key Management effectiveness?
Transport Layer Security Critical Criteria:
Infer Transport Layer Security projects and stake your claim.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Enterprise Key Management models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What are the barriers to increased Enterprise Key Management production?
– What is our Enterprise Key Management Strategy?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Enterprise Key Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Enterprise Key Management External links:
Enterprise Key Management Systems – Gartner
Enterprise Key Management | Dyadic Virtual HSM
KeyNexus – Enterprise Key Management & Storage
Key management External links:
Key management models (Book, 2003) [WorldCat.org]
Key Tracer Key Management Systems
Key Management – Title Guarantee
Asymmetric key algorithm External links:
CSRC – Glossary – Asymmetric Key Algorithm
ISA99 Committee – GL_asymmetric key algorithm
http://isa99.isa.org/ISA99 Wiki/GL_asymmetric key algorithm.aspx
Block cipher External links:
Block cipher – Everything2.com
Block cipher – Catalogs – Cipher list – Citizendium
[PDF]Lecture 3: Block Ciphers and the Data Encryption …
Book code External links:
Book Code | Definition of Book Code by Merriam-Webster
Certificate authority External links:
External Certificate Authority
Certificate Authority – Full Suite of Certificate Products
http://Ad · DigiCert.com/SSL-Certificates
Clear text External links:
command line – How to clear text in a file? – Ask Ubuntu
Cryptographic key types External links:
Cryptographic key types – Revolvy
https://update.revolvy.com/topic/Cryptographic key types
Cryptographic protocol External links:
Custom Cryptographic Protocol – enterprise
Digital certificates External links:
CPH Digital Certificates – NBPHE
IdenTrust – Certificates – TrustID Digital Certificates
How users manage digital certificates in Outlook 2016 for …
Diplomatic bag External links:
The Diplomatic Bag – Home | Facebook
Diplomatic bag – YouTube
Dynamic secrets External links:
Dynamic Secrets – Getting Started – Vault by HashiCorp
Electronic Key Management System External links:
Electronic Key Management System | Keyper Systems
Electronic key management system – KeyTrak
http://Ad · KeyTrak.com/KeyTrak/Security
Enigma machine External links:
Rare Enigma machine fetches 45,000 euros at auction – CNN
The Enigma machine from World War II. [VIDEO] – Wimp.com
Enigma machine sells for world record price – CNN
Hardware security External links:
AWS CloudHSM – Cloud-based Hardware Security Module …
Hash function External links:
Hash function – ScienceDaily
algorithm – What is a good Hash Function? – Stack Overflow
What Is a Cryptographic Hash Function? – Lifewire
Internet of Things External links:
Internet Of Things By Intel® – Smarter, More Connected Things
http://Ad · www.intel.com/IoT
Internet of Things – Microsoft Internet of Things Blog
Key Wrap External links:
Key Wrap – Revolvy
SIMPLE KEY WRAP – NAVY | Campbell Cole
Techflex – Studio Key Wrap Keyable Vinyl Wrap
Key distribution center External links:
Key Distribution Center (KDC) – Techopedia.com
[MS-KKDCP]: Kerberos Key Distribution Center (KDC) …
Key encapsulation External links:
[PDF]Kurosawa-Desmedt Key Encapsulation …
BIG QUAKE – BInary Goppa QUAsi-cyclic Key Encapsulation
[PDF]Identiﬁcation Schemes from Key Encapsulation …
Key exchange External links:
IPsec Key Exchange – technet.microsoft.com
Third-Party Airbnb Key Exchange Services – Guesty
Disabling Diffie-Hellman Key Exchange in IIS
Key generation External links:
http://Key generation is the process of generating keys in cryptography. A key is used to encrypt and decrypt whatever data is being encrypted/decrypted. Modern cryptographic systems include symmetric-key algorithms (such as DES and AES) and public-key algorithms (such as RSA). Symmetric-key algorithms use a single shared key; keeping data secret requires keeping this key secret.
[PDF]Recommendation for Cryptographic Key Generation
PowerISO 7.0 Serial key& License Key Generation -Activation
Key scheduling External links:
Key Scheduling – YouTube
Key server External links:
IBM Rational License Key Server 8.1.3 – United States
MIT PGP Key Server — Frequently Asked Questions
Open source External links:
OpenVPN – Open Source VPN
http://In production and development, open source as a development model promotes a universal access via a free license to a product’s design or blueprint, and universal redistribution of that design or blueprint, including subsequent improvements to it by anyone. Before the phrase open source became widely adopted, developers and producers used a variety of other terms. Open source gained hold with the rise of the Internet, and the attendant need for massive retooling of the computing source code. Opening the source code enabled a self-enhancing diversity of production models, communication paths, and interactive communities. The open-source software movement arose to clarify the environment that the new copyright, licensing, domain, and consumer issues created. Generally, open source refers to a computer program in which the source code is available to the general public for use and/or modification from its original design. Open-source code is typically a collaborative effort where programmers improve upon the source code and share the changes within the community so that other members can help improve it further.
Linux.com | News for the open source professional
Over the Air Rekeying External links:
OAR – Over the Air Rekeying | AcronymAttic
Point of sale External links:
10 Point Of Sale Systems 2017. – Unbiased and Reliable Reviews.
http://Ad · www.top10bestpossystems.com/BestPointOfSale/POS-Reviews
10 Point Of Sale Systems 2017. – Unbiased and Reliable Reviews.
http://Ad · www.top10bestpossystems.com/BestPointOfSale/POS-Reviews
Proprietary software External links:
Disadvantages of Proprietary Software | Chron.com
What is Proprietary Software? – Definition from Techopedia
Pseudorandom function family External links:
Pseudorandom function family – YouTube
Cryptanalysis of the SEAL 3.0 Pseudorandom Function Family
Public-key cryptography External links:
[PDF]Lecture 12: Public-Key Cryptography and the RSA …
Public-key cryptography | cryptology | Britannica.com
Public Key Infrastructure External links:
Public Key Infrastructure PowerShell module – Home
Federal Public Key Infrastructure (FPKI) | ID …
Introduction | Federal Public Key Infrastructure Guides
SSH Communications Security External links:
SSH Communications Security – Home | Facebook
SSH-FI: SSH Communications Security Oyj – cnbc.com
SSH Communications Security – Official Site
Secure Sockets Layer External links:
SSL Certificate #1 Secure Sockets Layer Provider – …
Secure Sockets Layer – InspIRCd
[PPT]The Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Protocol
Symmetric key algorithm External links:
Which symmetric key algorithm does SSL use? – Stack Overflow
What is Symmetric Key Algorithm | IGI Global
Transport Layer Security External links:
What is Transport Layer Security (TLS)? – Definition …
Transport Layer Security
http://Transport layer security (TLS) is a protocol that provides communication security between client/server applications that communicate with each other over the Internet. It enables privacy, integrity and protection for the data that’s transmitted between different nodes on the Internet.