What is involved in Mobile Security
Find out what the related areas are that Mobile Security connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Mobile Security thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Mobile Security journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Mobile Security leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Mobile Security related domains to cover and 148 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Mobile Security, Mobile phone tracking, 3G adoption, Mobile phones in prison, Wireless security, Mobile television, Information privacy, Turing test, Mobile phone features, Legality of recording by civilians, Computer and network surveillance, Resource management, Text messaging, Mobile app development, IEEE Transactions Electromagn. Compat., Multi-band device, Mobile social network, ABI Research, Java virtual machine, Timeline of computer viruses and worms, Wireless Public Key Infrastructure, Mobile computing, Internet bot, Android rooting, European Telecommunications Standards Institute, Operating system, Computer virus, Electronic waste, Mobile content, Network monitoring, Privilege escalation, Phantom vibration syndrome, Mobile phone recycling, Phone hacking, Restrictions on cell phone use while driving in the United States, Mobile news, Mobile comic, Computer access control, Application security, Ghost Push, Mobile blogging, Email spam, Symbian OS, Mobile music, Mobile advertising, Juice jacking, SIM lock, Information security, Computer network, Car phone, Feature phone, .NET Framework, High Speed Packet Access:
Mobile Security Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Mobile Security governance and report on the economics of relationships managing Mobile Security and constraints.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Mobile Security delivery for example is new software needed?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Mobile Security that make it risky?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Mobile Security Management?
Mobile phone tracking Critical Criteria:
Dissect Mobile phone tracking risks and finalize the present value of growth of Mobile phone tracking.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Mobile Security? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Mobile Security into the services that we provide?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Mobile Security products are done in a way that ensures safety?
3G adoption Critical Criteria:
Depict 3G adoption planning and plan concise 3G adoption education.
– When a Mobile Security manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– How do we know that any Mobile Security analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– How do we Lead with Mobile Security in Mind?
Mobile phones in prison Critical Criteria:
Canvass Mobile phones in prison goals and arbitrate Mobile phones in prison techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– How can you negotiate Mobile Security successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– How do we measure improved Mobile Security service perception, and satisfaction?
– Why is Mobile Security important for you now?
Wireless security Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Wireless security strategies and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Does the Mobile Security task fit the clients priorities?
– How much does Mobile Security help?
Mobile television Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Mobile television goals and secure Mobile television creativity.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Mobile Security project?
– To what extent does management recognize Mobile Security as a tool to increase the results?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Mobile Security move?
Information privacy Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Information privacy quality and stake your claim.
– For your Mobile Security project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– How likely is the current Mobile Security plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Are accountability and ownership for Mobile Security clearly defined?
Turing test Critical Criteria:
Explore Turing test decisions and probe the present value of growth of Turing test.
– How would a society benefit from an AI that passes the Turing test?
– Do Mobile Security rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– Why should we adopt a Mobile Security framework?
Mobile phone features Critical Criteria:
Merge Mobile phone features results and get answers.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Mobile Security does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Mobile Security?
– What are the disruptive Mobile Security technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
Legality of recording by civilians Critical Criteria:
Guard Legality of recording by civilians goals and remodel and develop an effective Legality of recording by civilians strategy.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Mobile Security processes?
– Is there a Mobile Security Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
Computer and network surveillance Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Computer and network surveillance results and probe the present value of growth of Computer and network surveillance.
– Have you identified your Mobile Security key performance indicators?
– What are the usability implications of Mobile Security actions?
Resource management Critical Criteria:
Audit Resource management quality and spearhead techniques for implementing Resource management.
– Imagine you work in the Human Resources department of a company considering a policy to protect its data on employees mobile devices. in advising on this policy, what rights should be considered?
– Consider your own Mobile Security project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– What are our needs in relation to Mobile Security skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Can we reuse our existing resource management and configuration tools?
– Why study Human Resources management (hrm)?
– How do we go about Securing Mobile Security?
Text messaging Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Text messaging risks and remodel and develop an effective Text messaging strategy.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Mobile Security process?
Mobile app development Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Mobile app development tasks and question.
– Can we add value to the current Mobile Security decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Mobile Security processes?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Mobile Security project?
IEEE Transactions Electromagn. Compat. Critical Criteria:
Accommodate IEEE Transactions Electromagn. Compat. strategies and finalize the present value of growth of IEEE Transactions Electromagn. Compat..
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Mobile Security is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Are we Assessing Mobile Security and Risk?
Multi-band device Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Multi-band device decisions and arbitrate Multi-band device techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Does our organization need more Mobile Security education?
Mobile social network Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Mobile social network leadership and be persistent.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Mobile Security models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Mobile Security, including any consulting or professional services?
– Are there Mobile Security Models?
ABI Research Critical Criteria:
Inquire about ABI Research strategies and ask questions.
Java virtual machine Critical Criteria:
Discourse Java virtual machine tactics and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Java virtual machine.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Mobile Security project?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Mobile Security requirements in detail?
Timeline of computer viruses and worms Critical Criteria:
Chart Timeline of computer viruses and worms engagements and create Timeline of computer viruses and worms explanations for all managers.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Mobile Security workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Which customers cant participate in our Mobile Security domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Does Mobile Security analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Wireless Public Key Infrastructure Critical Criteria:
Grasp Wireless Public Key Infrastructure strategies and get the big picture.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Mobile Security processes?
– Who will provide the final approval of Mobile Security deliverables?
Mobile computing Critical Criteria:
Deduce Mobile computing strategies and prioritize challenges of Mobile computing.
– How to ensure high data availability in mobile computing environment where frequent disconnections may occur because the clients and server may be weakly connected?
– What impact has emerging technology (e.g., cloud computing, virtualization and mobile computing) had on your companys ITRM program over the past 12 months?
– Do those selected for the Mobile Security team have a good general understanding of what Mobile Security is all about?
– Is information security ensured when using mobile computing and tele-working facilities?
Internet bot Critical Criteria:
Align Internet bot outcomes and summarize a clear Internet bot focus.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Mobile Security agendas for the next 3 years?
Android rooting Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Android rooting risks and plan concise Android rooting education.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Mobile Security forward?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Mobile Security activities?
European Telecommunications Standards Institute Critical Criteria:
Depict European Telecommunications Standards Institute quality and do something to it.
– Think about the functions involved in your Mobile Security project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What is our Mobile Security Strategy?
Operating system Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Operating system outcomes and get answers.
– If the firewall runs on an individual host for which all users are not trusted system administrators, how vulnerable is it to tampering by a user logged into the operating system running on the protected hosts?
– In a virtualized data center, guest operating system kernels were modified to eliminate the need for binary translation. which compute virtualization technique was used?
– What should an organization consider before migrating its applications and operating system to the public cloud to prevent vendor lock-in?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Mobile Security opportunities costing us money?
– What operating systems are used for student computers, devices, laptops, etc.?
– What operating system does your computer use?
– Is unauthorized access to operating systems prevented?
Computer virus Critical Criteria:
Guide Computer virus goals and plan concise Computer virus education.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Mobile Security project manager?
– Do we all define Mobile Security in the same way?
Electronic waste Critical Criteria:
Consider Electronic waste results and change contexts.
– Do the Mobile Security decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Mobile Security?
Mobile content Critical Criteria:
Use past Mobile content risks and oversee Mobile content requirements.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Mobile Security?
Network monitoring Critical Criteria:
Devise Network monitoring strategies and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Network monitoring decisions.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Mobile Security?
Privilege escalation Critical Criteria:
Discuss Privilege escalation management and probe Privilege escalation strategic alliances.
– How will you measure your Mobile Security effectiveness?
Phantom vibration syndrome Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Phantom vibration syndrome engagements and get going.
– what is the best design framework for Mobile Security organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What is our formula for success in Mobile Security ?
– What threat is Mobile Security addressing?
Mobile phone recycling Critical Criteria:
Read up on Mobile phone recycling risks and oversee Mobile phone recycling requirements.
– Will Mobile Security deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– What are the barriers to increased Mobile Security production?
– Are there recognized Mobile Security problems?
Phone hacking Critical Criteria:
Rank Phone hacking governance and mentor Phone hacking customer orientation.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Mobile Security project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Is Mobile Security Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Restrictions on cell phone use while driving in the United States Critical Criteria:
Track Restrictions on cell phone use while driving in the United States adoptions and budget for Restrictions on cell phone use while driving in the United States challenges.
– Does Mobile Security include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
Mobile news Critical Criteria:
Drive Mobile news governance and create a map for yourself.
– Does Mobile Security analysis show the relationships among important Mobile Security factors?
Mobile comic Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Mobile comic issues and budget for Mobile comic challenges.
– What are all of our Mobile Security domains and what do they do?
Computer access control Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Computer access control governance and remodel and develop an effective Computer access control strategy.
– What is the purpose of Mobile Security in relation to the mission?
Application security Critical Criteria:
Infer Application security issues and perfect Application security conflict management.
– Think about the people you identified for your Mobile Security project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Mobile Security effort?
– Who Is Responsible for Web Application Security in the Cloud?
– Who needs to know about Mobile Security ?
Ghost Push Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Ghost Push management and differentiate in coordinating Ghost Push.
– What are specific Mobile Security Rules to follow?
Mobile blogging Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Mobile blogging outcomes and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Mobile blogging projects.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Mobile Security? There might be some that are less obvious?
Email spam Critical Criteria:
Pilot Email spam failures and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Email spam projects.
Symbian OS Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Symbian OS tasks and pay attention to the small things.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Mobile Security process?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Mobile Security ?
Mobile music Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Mobile music tactics and intervene in Mobile music processes and leadership.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Mobile Security experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– How do we maintain Mobile Securitys Integrity?
– Do we have past Mobile Security Successes?
Mobile advertising Critical Criteria:
Recall Mobile advertising projects and get going.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Mobile Security activities?
– Have all basic functions of Mobile Security been defined?
Juice jacking Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Juice jacking planning and revise understanding of Juice jacking architectures.
– Is Mobile Security Required?
SIM lock Critical Criteria:
Interpolate SIM lock strategies and define what do we need to start doing with SIM lock.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Mobile Security goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
Information security Critical Criteria:
Review Information security risks and slay a dragon.
– Do we maintain our own threat catalogue on the corporate intranet to remind employees of the wide range of issues of concern to Information Security and the business?
– Are information security policies and other relevant security information disseminated to all system users (including vendors, contractors, and business partners)?
– Does the ISMS policy provide a framework for setting objectives and establishes an overall sense of direction and principles for action with regard to information security?
– Do suitable policies for the information security exist for all critical assets of the value added chain (indication of completeness of policies, Ico )?
– Does this review include assessing opportunities for improvement, need for changes to the ISMS, review of information security policy & objectives?
– Is mgmt able to determine whether security activities delegated to people or implemented by information security are performing as expected?
– Is the risk assessment approach defined and suited to the ISMS, identified business information security, legal and regulatory requirements?
– Are information security roles and responsibilities coordinated and aligned with internal roles and external partners?
– Are we requesting exemption from or modification to established information security policies or standards?
– Have standards for information security across all entities been established or codified into regulations?
– Is there a consistent and effective approach applied to the mgmt of information security events?
– Is there a business continuity/disaster recovery plan in place?
– Does mgmt establish roles and responsibilities for information security?
– Is information security managed within the organization?
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Computer network tasks and transcribe Computer network as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
Car phone Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Car phone visions and tour deciding if Car phone progress is made.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Mobile Security process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Mobile Security process available?
Feature phone Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Feature phone leadership and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Feature phone is getting what it needs.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Mobile Security information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
.NET Framework Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct .NET Framework governance and change contexts.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Mobile Security strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
High Speed Packet Access Critical Criteria:
Consult on High Speed Packet Access tasks and achieve a single High Speed Packet Access view and bringing data together.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Mobile Security Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Mobile Security External links:
Find Your Lost or Stolen Android Device | AVG Mobile Security
Mobile Security | Education Center | BB&T Bank
ADP Mobile Security
Mobile phone tracking External links:
MobileRecorder 24 – N1 Mobile Phone Tracking App
3G adoption External links:
Pr0n to give 3G adoption a boost – Geek.com
Mobile phones in prison External links:
Feds Look At Jamming Mobile Phones In Prison | Techdirt
38: Mobile phones in Prison – YouTube
Wireless security External links:
CCTVBrands – Wireless Security Cameras | Infrared …
Wireless Security Cameras by Conbrov
Outdoor Wireless Security Camera | eBay
Mobile television External links:
Staff Contacts: Token Creek Mobile Television
High Rock Mobile Television
Information privacy External links:
Health Information Privacy | HHS.gov
Turing test External links:
Buy The Turing Test – Microsoft Store
The Turing Test Review – IGN
The Turing Test Walkthrough – TrueAchievements
Mobile phone features External links:
5 great mobile phone features (that no one wants anymore)
TB1 – Mobile phone features Flashcards | Quizlet
Legality of recording by civilians External links:
Legality of Recording By Civilians – liquisearch.com
Legality of recording by civilians – revolvy.com
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Legality of recording by civilians
Legality of recording by civilians explained
Computer and network surveillance External links:
Computer and network surveillance | The Meaning
Computer and network surveillance – The Art of Service
Computer and network surveillance images, pictures, …
Resource management External links:
Human Resource Management – AbeBooks
Cultural and Environmental Resource Management | Thesis Titles
Cloud ERP, Resource Management, Business …
Text messaging External links:
What Is SMS Text Messaging? – Lifewire
Text messaging | telecommunication | Britannica.com
Phone Tree Call and Text Messaging Software from PhoneTree
Mobile app development External links:
Metova – Mobile App Development Services
MobileSmith – Enterprise Mobile App Development Platform
.NET Mobile App Development – microsoft.com
Multi-band device External links:
Multi-band device – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge …
Multi-band device – Revolvy
multi-band device Pictures, Images & Photos | Photobucket
Mobile social network External links:
Mining Community in Mobile Social Network – …
ABI Research External links:
ABI Research Device Portal
Home | ABI Research
ABI Research Registration
Java virtual machine External links:
How to Enable Java Virtual Machine | Techwalla.com
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine
Java Virtual Machine (JVM): Critical Metrics You Need to Track
Timeline of computer viruses and worms External links:
Timeline of computer viruses and worms – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Timeline of computer viruses and worms
Timeline of computer viruses and worms – Sensagent.com
http://dictionary.sensagent.com/TIMELINE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES AND WORMS/en-en
Timeline of computer viruses and worms – WOW.com
Wireless Public Key Infrastructure External links:
WPKI means Wireless Public Key Infrastructure – All …
Wireless Public key Infrastructure for Mobile Phones
Wireless Public Key Infrastructure – Revolvy
https://update.revolvy.com/topic/Wireless Public Key Infrastructure
Mobile computing External links:
Panasonic Mobile Computing Configure Products
Mobile Computing Tutorial – tutorialspoint.com
Quatred, LLC Mobile Computing and Bar Coding, RFID
Internet bot External links:
Internet Bot stock photo | iStock
MOST DANGEROUS INTERNET BOT – YouTube
What is an Internet Bot? – Definition from Techopedia
Android rooting External links:
iRoot – Secure Free Android Rooting Software
European Telecommunications Standards Institute External links:
European Telecommunications Standards Institute …
Operating system External links:
Which Windows operating system am I running?
nCino Bank Operating System
Operating System and Browser warning
Computer virus External links:
Free computer viruses Essays and Papers – 123HelpMe
The Computer Virus (2004) – IMDb
Title: Computer Virus – Internet Speculative Fiction Database
Electronic waste External links:
Electronic waste management (Book, 2009) [WorldCat.org]
Title 38, §1610: Electronic waste – Maine Legislature
Mobile content External links:
Oct 20, 2016 · T-Mobile Content Transfer lets you transfer your content between two devices.
RGK Mobile: Innovative Mobile Content & Payment Aggregator
AME – FIFA MOBILE CONTENT – YouTube
Network monitoring External links:
Network monitoring software – PRTG | Paessler
APCON Intelligent Network Monitoring
Best Network Monitoring Software in 2018 | G2 Crowd
Phantom vibration syndrome External links:
“Phantom Vibration Syndrome” by Michelle Drouin, Daren …
Mobile phone recycling External links:
Cell Phone Recycling | Mobile Phone Recycling | e-Cycle
Mobile Phone Recycling | Recyling Facts
Contact SecondWave mobile phone recycling
Mobile news External links:
Press Room | Mobile News | Cell Phone Company | U.S. Cellular
DMV Mobile News Room | DC
Forbes – Mobile Information and Mobile News – Forbes.com
Mobile comic External links:
The Mobile Comic Con (Mobicon) page at Find Gamers.
MobiCon Mobile Comic Con – Mobile, Al – Home | Facebook
Computer access control External links:
lxhung | Computer Access Control | Digital Rights
Computer Access Control – Home | Facebook
CASSIE – Computer Access Control
Application security External links:
Program Rules – Application Security – Google
Application Security News, Tutorials & Tools – DZone
BLM Application Security System
Ghost Push External links:
Did a Ghost Push Her? EPIC Fail. LOL – YouTube
Mobile blogging External links:
Mobile Blogging Platform – Home | Facebook
Mobile Blogging – Home | Facebook
mobile blogging | Verizon Community
Email spam External links:
Email Spam and Zero-Day Malware Filter | SpamStopsHere
How to Protect Yourself From Email Spam – Email Support
Symbian OS External links:
PuTTY for Symbian OS – Download
What is Symbian OS? – Definition – MobileBurn.com
Mobile music External links:
Mobile Music Store Inventory | Guitar Center
Crib Mobile Music Box | eBay
Sapphire Mobile Music
Mobile advertising External links:
Cable TV Advertising, Online and Mobile Advertising | Viamedia
Propel Media | Video, Display and Mobile Advertising
Location-based Mobile Advertising Solutions |Thinknear …
SIM lock External links:
Unlock Sim Lock | UnlockSimLock.net
http://A SIM lock, simlock, network lock or subsidy lock is a technical restriction built into GSM mobile phones by mobile phone manufacturers for use by services providers to restrict the use of these phones to specific countries and/or networks. This is contrary to a regular phone (retrospectively called SIM-free or unlocked) that does not impose any SIM restrictions.
iPhone 5s sim lock | Verizon Community
Information security External links:
[PDF]TITLE: INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGEMENT …
Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 – NIST
Managed Security Services | Information Security Solutions
Computer network External links:
How to find my computer network name – Mil Incorporated
Computer network (eBook, 2009) [WorldCat.org]
Car phone External links:
Car Phone Holders | Keep your hands on the wheel!
Mpow Magnetic Phone Holder for Car, Universal Air Vent Car Phone Mount Holder for iPhone X/8/8Plus/7/7Plus/6s/6Plus/5S, Galaxy …
Feature phone External links:
Sonim XP5 Feature Phone – Price, Features & Reviews – AT&T
[PDF]ESI Feature Phone User’s Guide – DTS – dtsphones.com
New Feature Phones???? | Verizon Community
High Speed Packet Access External links:
Evolved High Speed Packet Access (HSPA+) | vertex
What is High Speed Packet Access? Webopedia Definition
HSPA and HSPA+ High Speed Packet Access for 3G …